About the project
By 2030, over 20% of concrete should be replaced by fiber reinforced concrete in new constructions. Textile concrete building elements are lightweight and can make an important contribution to sustainable construction. They reduce energy consumption, save natural resources and improve load-bearing capacity. Special attention will be paid to the use of locally available textile fibers for the manufacturing of a high-performance and competitive fiber concrete.
It is in this context that in 2017/2018, CETEMCO has carried out a development project entitled: “Performance concrete based on textile fibers for the building sector”. This was a joint project with the C2TM (French acronym for Moroccan Technical Textiles Cluster). It is part of the general interest activities of the Center and has received a funding from the Ministry of Industry, Trade, Investment and Digital Economy through the Support Fund for Technical Centers “FACET”.
The project consists in developing a concrete, based on textile fibers, efficient and at lower cost. This new product was tested and studied in the CETEMCO laboratories.
The project was carried out according to the following main actions:
– State of the art on the use of fibers in concrete
– Characterization of the targeted textile fibers and feasibility study of their valorization in concrete
– Production of fiber reinforced concretes, industrial application and promotion of the project results.
– C2TM (French Acronym): Cluster of Moroccan Technical Textiles
– APC (French Acronym): Professional Association of Cement Manufacturers
– AMIB (French Acronym): Moroccan Association of the Concrete Industry.
Improved performance of concrete products by incorporating textile fibers in the following products
– Cement tiles
– Concrete slabs
– Temporary Fencing Concrete Feet